Keep your fitness up these holidays with our holiday fitness sessions!
Join us for an Australia Day Workout.
Monday 26th January
Great News! We will be running exercise sessions right through the Christmas and New Year period (on a slightly restricted timetable) so you will be able to keep burning calories and building muscle over the holidays
Sometimes we excuse ourselves from exercising because we're too busy, or we can't get to the gym, or our organised training session is not quite at a convenient time or we're not quite sure what to do. But exercise is something you can do anytime, and anywhere. You don't even need any equipment. So this Christmas, commit to maintaining your training program by following these simple and quick workouts.
The challenge is to complete all the workouts, however, if you need to, you can just select the ones you like and repeat them. The most important thing is not WHAT you do...the most important thing is that you just do SOMETHING!
Make sure you warm up and then go for it
1. On the first day of fitness my trainer said to me....
Complete the following circuit 5 times:
1. Squats x 10
2. Lunges x 20
3. Push Ups x 10
4. Step Ups x 20
5. Bench Dips x 10
6. Crunches x 20
7. Wall Sit x 30 secs
8. Plank x 30 secs
5. On the fifth day of fitness my trainer said to me....
Complete the following boxing circuit for 12 rounds:
1. Air Skip x 1 minute
2. Shadow Box x 1 minute
3. Crunches x 1 minute
6. On the sixth day of fitness my trainer said to me....
Complete the following circuit 5 times:
1. Squats Jumps x 10
2. Walking Lunges x 20
3. Diamond Push Ups x 10
4. Mountain Climbers x 20 each leg
5. V sit-ups x 20
6. Bench Dipsx10
7. Twisting Crunches x 20 (10 each side)
8. Travelling Burpees x 10
9. Wall Sit x 30 secs
10. Plank Walk Ups x 10
10. On the tenth day of fitness my trainer said to me....
Complete the following “leg killer” circuit as many times as you dare:
1. Squats x 20
2. Walking Lunges x 40
3. Forward bounds x 20
4. Mountain Climbers x 40
5. Squat Jumps x 20
6. Travelling Burpees x 20
7. Wall Sit x 1 minute
11. On the eleventh day of fitness my trainer said to me....
Alternate between Jumping Squats and Plank Walk Ups for the following reps:
Jumping Squats: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Plank Walk Ups: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
12. On the twelfth day of fitness my trainer said to me.... Rest and Relax!
Fitness and health requires balance. Sometimes it is important to let our bodies and minds recover.
Here is the link to join the OutX team for the Spartan Stadium Race on 15th February 2015,
The password to join the OutX team is botany
Its going to be a huge amount of fun and is an awesome opportunity to maintain your motivation to stay fit and strong over the New Year period
Now we have some special bonuses for you:
1. The first 5 people to register in the OutX team will receive FREE training for the 4 weeks leading up to the event (so you're virtually making money by joining us!)
2. The next 5 people to register in the OutX team will receive FREE training for 2 weeks before the event (that means you're almost racing for free)
3. The first 20 people to join (including those who win free training) will receive one of our new OutX team t-shirts (guaranteed to help you run faster)
4. Everyone who joins the OutX team will receive an additional 10% discount by using our special discount code on checkout OutX15
So don’t delay! We want you to be part of the team but the price for racing goes up on Saturday so you need to join now.
If you have any questions…ask them later! Just click on the link and join us for an awesome day out!
We can’t wait to have you in the team.
Our new timetable is now active. Come on down and check out all the new training sessions.
Tomorrow is Anzac Day so we will only be conducting a boxing session at 9.30am. Botany Council is hosting an Anzac Day Dawn Service at the war Memorial in the corner of Booralee Park at 6am tomorrow so maybe we will see you there as well.
Training times this Easter:
Good Friday - 9.30am
Easter Saturday - 7.00am and 9.30am
Easter Monday - 9.30am